There are many storms and floods in my grandmother’s village every year. They usually appear in the summer about August. I witnessed a big flood last year when I visited my country side. It began with heavy rain and high wind for three days. Many homestead and electrical poles had been broken down. The flood water surrounded the entire village. I saw a lot of spate in front of grandmother’s house. Therefore I didn’t go outside during those stormy days. Many villagers became homeless overnight. They had to wait for help from government and charity organizations. It was very terrible because I never saw it before. The flood brought horrible destruction to the place. It also brought much pollution into the environment, and cholera came after that. Beside that their crops were lost so their lives became unfortunate. During that time, I took care of my grandmother and cousins. I helped my uncle with his house works. Overall it was an unforgettable event that I can never forget. I wish I would never witness that event again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment