Friday, February 8, 2008

Journal #3

Lunar New Year

     This is the first time I experience Lunar New Year away from my country. In Vietnam, we call it Tet holiday. Tet is the biggest traditional celebration that is considered as the beginning of a “true” new year for Vietnamese. This is a chance for all members in family get together after a long year living apart. We celebrate Tet with a big party in New Year’s Eve and children will get lucky money from their grandparents and parents. People wear new clothes, visit their relatives and friends and wish them all the best wishes for a New Year. During this time, we have ten days off-work, so that we can go to travel somewhere or visit relatives who live in other cities. I like Tet very much because I can spend all of my time with my family or go out with my friends all day. Moreover, I can eat some delicious traditional food that my mother cook. I always have a really memorial time with my family during Tet holidays. Tet always has a special meaning for me to start a happy new year.

No comments: