Monday, February 18, 2008

Journal # 5

This Is My Intelligence

     When I was young my father told me many fairytale stories. It is my most favorite fairytale story. The story begins like this. A tiger comes from the forest. It sees a peasant and a buffalo that plough on the field. The buffalo tries step by step; from time to time it is hit one rattan in the buttock. Tiger is very surprise. In the afternoon, opens the plough, tiger comes near buffalo and asks, “hey, you look strong. Why do you let the people beating you so much?” The buffalo spoke in a low voice whisper in tiger’s ear, “the people are small but they have intelligence”. The tiger doesn’t understand and curious asks again, “what is the intelligence? How does it look like?” The buffalo didn’t know how to explain and answers, “intelligence is intelligence. What do you think it is? If you want to know ask the human.” The tiger went to peasant and asks, “where is your intelligence? Can I see it?” The peasant thought for a moment and said, “my intelligence stays at home. I come back and give you. If you need I will give you a little bit”. The tiger heard that and it was very happy. The peasant had just gone and remembered something and said, “but what if you eat my buffalo after I leave”. The tiger was still wondering, the peasant continued, “let me tie you to this tree while I’m away?” The tiger agreed and the peasant went ahead and tied the tiger to the tree. He then stacked hays around the tiger, started the fire and shout, “this is my intelligence. This is my intelligence”. The buffalo was laughing so hard, he fell and hit his teeth against the rock and broke his front teeth. The rope finally broke; the tiger run straight into the forest and never looked back. From there on, all tigers have little black dots and all buffalos don’t have any teeth on their upper row.

1 comment:

leinster said...

This is an interesting story. I've not heard it before.