August 11, 2008 that was the first day I came to United States. I stayed at LAX airport about 9:30 am. Next, I had to check out and waited for my baggage for one hour. I was very worry because I didn’t know the way out and what to do with two big suitcases. I wondered what I could do in foreign country without acquaintance. I tried to find my husband among so many people. All things were strange to me and I felt so exhausted after a long trip. I couldn’t eat Korean food in the airplane. The time in here is different with my country. I was fatigued the first week.
I went around the area where I live. I found that Orange County is bigger than my hometown. United States is not only a developed country but also a vast country. I surprised when I saw many cars in the freeway. I like the infrastructure for example houses, streets, bridges and locks. They are very bigger and prettier than my country. I felt the hotness outside the same equatorial climate but it is not humid. There are many parks around my house that was very different with my country. I was interested with flowers along the sidewalk and breathe the fresh air.
My school is Cal State Fullerton. It is very big with many buildings. My classmates came from many countries. In my school, there are many overseas students such as Taiwan, Thailand, and French. They were living and studing together in my school. I had a first friend in United States her name is Choae. She came from Korea. Now we become best friend after a semester. I think the American is very faithful and pleasant. One time, I lost the way and I asked the stranger who was very friendly to help me. All my professors were very friendly and good teachers.
In short, my first arrival to the United States is important to my life. It began a new period in my study in a foreign country. It was also a big event in my life that was living far from my family. It was an important step in my independent life. I had problem in communication; my listening and speaking were not good. So I was very worry and afraid. I missed my parents and my younger sisters so much.
I went around the area where I live. I found that Orange County is bigger than my hometown. United States is not only a developed country but also a vast country. I surprised when I saw many cars in the freeway. I like the infrastructure for example houses, streets, bridges and locks. They are very bigger and prettier than my country. I felt the hotness outside the same equatorial climate but it is not humid. There are many parks around my house that was very different with my country. I was interested with flowers along the sidewalk and breathe the fresh air.
My school is Cal State Fullerton. It is very big with many buildings. My classmates came from many countries. In my school, there are many overseas students such as Taiwan, Thailand, and French. They were living and studing together in my school. I had a first friend in United States her name is Choae. She came from Korea. Now we become best friend after a semester. I think the American is very faithful and pleasant. One time, I lost the way and I asked the stranger who was very friendly to help me. All my professors were very friendly and good teachers.
In short, my first arrival to the United States is important to my life. It began a new period in my study in a foreign country. It was also a big event in my life that was living far from my family. It was an important step in my independent life. I had problem in communication; my listening and speaking were not good. So I was very worry and afraid. I missed my parents and my younger sisters so much.
1 comment:
You are a natural story teller. Keep it up.
Post a Comment