Saturday, September 8, 2007

journal entry # 5

My Favorite Season

     Looking out to the busy city from the second floor building, the little tree in front of my house has turned yellow and its leaves have lessened. Autumn season is here. I do not know why or when I like this season. What I know is that autumn season along with its north-east wind make me feel very comfortable. I woke up this morning feeling relax and happy. Everything around me seems different and energetic than ever. The trees have transformed themselves into pretty living creatures. Old leaves fall off the trees to reserve rooms for the new and more energetic ones. Autumn is the season of camping and picnic for all of us. Beaches and recreational places are the best places to be hanging out this time around. The smell of barbeque lightens up the whole neighborhood. Autumn also brings back some of my lost memory I had when I was in Vietnam. My parents always chose this season to take me and my sisters out to visit my grandparents in the North. It lightens up my life every time that I see them. Those were the good and joyful moments in my life.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Your writing is very vivid and poetic. I like fall too, but unfortunately, there is only one season in California: SUMMER. :)