Friday, September 5, 2008

Journal # 2

The first Impression with ALP


     At that time one year ago I came to Cal States Fullerton as an ALP student. I haven’t had any impression about American language program before I came here. I just know only the name of university – Cal States Fullerton. Beside that American language program is a part of CUSF. On the first day I came to school to pay my tuition free. I didn’t know exactly where CP building location. I could not find the CP building on campus until thirty minutes walking around under the sun. It is a big university. I came from a small country in Asia and that was the first time I been at United States. So I have many amazes such big campus, school mate and professor.
     Cal States Fullerton is a big campus with many buildings. Every building is famous with different major for example, MH with science, H with social and LH with business. I usually lost way when I moving from this building to other building on the first semester. Furthermore, campus has two libraries for student research and study out time of class. Two gyms building help to student work out whenever they have free time. It is very good for healthy and strong body. If you don’t have good health you cannot do anything. I have never seen big university like Cal States Fullerton in my country. It is very large compare to those in Vietnam.
     I also want to tell about schoolmates at ALP. They came from many countries in the world for instance France, Mexico, Korea, South America and China. Although they speak different mother languages but they all speak English in here. I felt worry on the first week because I didn’t have friend or acquaintance with anyone in school. So I was very lonely and homesick. After two semesters I change my mind because I feel ALP like my home. I have so many friends from my classmates or school mates. Sometimes I hung out with them to improve my English and discover about the United States. It is very interested and helpful for me. I want to introduce my close friend who is my classmate during the last three semesters. Her name is Mongkolcharoen. She comes here with big dream- MBA. Some of my friends at ALP want to pass TOEFL and enroll university but other want to study English only. In short, I love my school mates.
     Talking about ALP I cannot forget those professors who teach me English every single day. They are so nice because they help me how to study and learn English. I study many things from them as pronunciation, grammar and American custom and culture too. They are very kind and friendly. They are willing to help me if I have trouble with my English lessons. One time, I had a project for my university class and I didn’t know how I to do it. I sent email to my professor asking his help and finally I get A for that class. He gave me some information and where I could find document. After I finished and he helped me correct my grammar mistakes. I think my English now is better than last year. I feel confident when I take university classes. My professors at ALP have many years of experience on teaching and they all love their job. They make time on class more interesting and easy to remember lesson.
     To sum up, I like to study at ALP. I can improve my writing, reading and speaking skills. I get accustomed with university class. I don’t regret when I continue to study at ALP this semester. ALP is a good place to study English and culture of American. I think every international student needs the place like APL to study before go to university. TOEFL is very important with an international but communication is more necessary than. The most important thing with me is speak and listen English well. Therefore, I didn’t transfer another school and stay here to study this semester. Alp of Cal States Fullerton has a good condition for student living and studying; large campus, professor and school mate.

No comments: