Monday, November 3, 2008

Jornal # 10

Vote


     This week marks one of the more important weeks of the last four years. On Tuesday, most Americans will be at the polls casting their votes for a new leadership for the next four years. For many, the ability to vote is a privilege. If I could vote this Tuesday I will go for Democrat party. There are many reasons and be specific with this party’s policies.
     First of all, Democrat is the oldest political party in continuous operation in the United States and it is one of the oldest parties in the world. It has many good policies for social issue. Social issues are very good for all people for example the Democratic Party supports equal opportunity for all Americans regardless of sex, age, sexual orientation, religion, creed, or national origin. It also strongly supports the Americans with disabilities act to prohibit discrimination against people on the basic of physical or mental disability. Social issues are one of reasons why I choose this party.
     Second reason is to get more economic issues. According Wikipedia said that “ While the Democratic Party is in support of the progressive tax structure, it has vowed to adjust the alternative minimum tax (AMT). The tax was originally designed to tax the rich but now may affect many households, especially those with income between $75,000 to $100,000. The party proposed to re- adjust the tax in such manner as to restore its initial intention.” This party will have many good policies for trade agreements, college education, and health care. I think it is better when we choose the party that knows how to get better for everyone’s life in the country. Economic is another important thing in life.
     The final reason is to get more policies about foreign issues. I’m an international student so I pay attention about this issue. It will help to decrease war in the world because Democrat party attends to economic. There are more war means more suffering for a thousand of thousand people. All policies of the Democrat party love the peace.
     Therefore, I choose to support for Democrat party if I could vote this Tuesday. I hate war too. I think every people need to respect other territory. I saw Bill Clinton president as a good example of Democrat party. So I hope new president of the US will have more abilities to lead the US country.

No comments: